Tuesday 19 February 2008

Memoirs from the Tivoli Flea Circus

I found some comments on Yahoo Answers about Flea Circuses so send out some enquiries had the following response from a helpful chap.



"I was in the U.S. Navy, and about 1958 we were sent to sea because of a conflict with Cuba. After about a month at sea it was announced on the ship that we were going to make an unofficial visit to Copenhagen Denmark. While there some of my shipmates and I were touring the city and ended up at Tivoli Gardens. It was like an amusement park of sorts. That was where we saw the flea circus. Your question prompted me to research, and I found the following site that describes the circus we visited. Being so long ago my memory is faint but the site describes what we saw. I hope it is helpful. http://torpsfleacircus.150m.com/Tivoli.htm"

No comments: